Meet Mrs. Hoke 3rd and 4th Grade
Good evening All!
It was so wonderful to see so many of you today at church! The kids truly sounded wonderful! This week has so many fun events planned for NLSW! Please refer to the letter that was sent home on Friday regarding daily activities, dress and donations. Please feel free to email me about it as well. Here's to a great week celebrating the awesome Lutheran school we are a part of!
This week in...
Religion- National Lutheran Schools Week! It's still all about Jesus!
( Memory check is on THURSDAY It is a major part of the Religion grade.)
3/4- Passive vs. active voice, prepositions
3- Long vowels
4- it pattern, sight words, academic vocabulary
Reading- 3/4- Reading assessments continue, students will be reviewing topics such as casue/effect, sequencing, inferring. RAZ Kids, Scholastic News (interactive current events).
3: Topic 9 is Patterns.
4: Topic 9 is lines.
S.S.-Geography of the US
Sci.- Newton's Laws, surface area
Reminders and Important Dates:
* Art Club meets Monday
* Indoor Soccer meets Tuesday 3:15-4:15
*Chess Club is Weds.
*PTL Mtg. @7pm
*Daisy/Brownies is on Thursday
* Mechanical Engineering Club meets Fri.
* This week is National Lutheran Schools Week! Be sure to follow us on Twitter! I'll be posting many exciting pics from the week!
* Progress Reports issued on Friday
* Follow us on Twitter: Barbara Hoke @ilsgrade3
Have a great week!
Barbara Hoke began her teaching career at Immanuel Lutheran School in 2004 after receiving her Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education from Concordia College in Bronxville, NY. In 2007, she completed her Master’s Degree at Western Connecticut State University, specializing in Curriculum.
Mrs. Hoke is married and has a three year old son, Jameson, who attends ILS and is in Pre-k 3. She has two dogs, Baxter and Lulu Belle. Besides her love for all things third and fourth grade, Mrs. Hoke enjoys cooking and spending time with her family.
Meet Mrs. Gordish
My name is Aretta Gordish. I am happy to begin my second year here at Immanuel. I will be working as a teacher’s aide in the 3rd and 4th grade classroom. I previously worked as a preschool aide at Immanuel Lutheran School. I graduated from Bethany University in Scotts Valley, California with a degree in Business Administration, I have worked in various secretarial positions throughout my life but more recently have worked primarily with schools as a preschool para, a special ed para as well as an elementary school secretary.
I am the wife to Timothy, an LCMS minister as well as retired Navy Chaplain who currently serves as a chaplain at the Federal Prison in Danbury. I have four children, the three oldest are married and my youngest is starting his third year at Immanuel Lutheran. This summer I became a grandmother for the first time. In my spare time I enjoy reading, crocheting, and writing.
Here are some Math sites that can help with basic math skills:
- Read a book together (this will help with fluency)
- Write daily (keep a journal) about your day (practice proper spelling, grammar and punctuation)
- Write in a journal that allows for parental responses
- Reading comprehension practice (buy a book at the Teacher store, Staples, Wal-Mart, etc.)
- RAZ-KIDS (online reading practice)
- Let your child write a story, help them edit and then get it bound at Staples and they can illustrate it too!
- Make a special place to read
- Check out the local library to see what activities they have
- Read your favorite childhood book together
Contact Mrs. Hoke Click Here
Barbara Zabawar-Hoke began her teaching career at Immanuel Lutheran School and is in her eighth year teaching third grade. Mrs. Hoke received her Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education from Concordia College in Bronxville, NY. She completed her Master’s Degree at Western Connecticut State University, specializing in Curriculum. Besides her love for teaching, Mrs. Hoke enjoys scrap-booking, cooking and traveling.