Meet Mrs. Hoke 3rd and 4th Grade
Here are some Math sites that can help with basic math skills:
- Read a book together (this will help with fluency)
- Write daily (keep a journal) about your day (practice proper spelling, grammar and punctuation)
- Write in a journal that allows for parental responses
- Reading comprehension practice (buy a book at the Teacher store, Staples, Wal-Mart, etc.)
- RAZ-KIDS (online reading practice)
- Let your child write a story, help them edit and then get it bound at Staples and they can illustrate it too!
- Make a special place to read
- Check out the local library to see what activities they have
- Read your favorite childhood book together
Contact Mrs. Hoke Click Here
Barbara Zabawar-Hoke began her teaching career at Immanuel Lutheran School and is in her eighth year teaching third grade. Mrs. Hoke received her Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Education from Concordia College in Bronxville, NY. She completed her Master’s Degree at Western Connecticut State University, specializing in Curriculum. Besides her love for teaching, Mrs. Hoke enjoys scrap-booking, cooking and traveling.